Victory Park Capital Continues Growth of its Investment Team and Investor Services with Promotions and Three New Hires
Mar 07, 2016
CHICAGO – March 7, 2016 – Victory Park Capital (VPC), an investment firm focused on private middle market debt and equity investments, announced today the promotion of three experienced investment professionals, as well as three new hires, further emphasizing the firm’s strong global talent and asset growth.
The promotions are as follows:
- Gordon Watson, Partner. Watson helps oversee direct private debt and equity investments in the specialty finance sector. Based in New York, Watson joined VPC in 2014 and has 10 years of experience investing in a diverse range of alternative investments for middle market companies. Watson was previously a portfolio manager centered on distressed debt at GLG Partners, a London-based hedge fund manager. He joined GLG after it purchased Ore Hill Partners, a credit-focused hedge fund, where Watson served as a partner.
- Harsh Patel, Principal. Patel is responsible for making investments in middle market companies with a focus on specialty finance opportunities outside the U.S. Based in London, Patel has 10 years of experience in alternative investments. Previously, Patel was responsible for sourcing, structuring and managing a multi-billion dollar portfolio of credit and non-correlated investments at Abu Dhabi Investment Council. He also worked in the EMEA Credit Trading Group at Citigroup, focusing on distressed and special situations.
- Karrie Truglia, Principal. Truglia oversees VPC’s debt capital markets activity with a focus on strategic portfolio financings. Based in New York, Truglia joined VPC in 2015 and has more than 15 years of experience in global and domestic financial services organizations. Previously, Truglia spent eight years with Citigroup, where she served as director of global securitized products, offering strategic, solution-oriented advice for key relationship banks, specialty finance and financial services companies. She also held management positions at Bear Stearns & Co., Assured Guaranty and BMW Financial Services.
Additionally, three new associates have joined the VPC team:
- Sarah Ishman, Senior Associate – Based in the New York office, Ishman is a former fixed income and commodities associate at Morgan Stanley.
- Katie Kissell, Business Development Associate – Based in the Chicago office, Kissell is a former senior business development associate at Aurora Investment Management.
- Christie Lacy, Marketing Associate – Based in the Chicago office, Lacy is a former senior marketing associate at Aurora Investment Management.
“We are confident in our growing team’s ability to continue to position us as leaders in the market,” said Richard Levy, CEO and founder of VPC. “The recent promotions and new hires help validate our ongoing success in not only the specialty finance sector, but for the entire firm in the U.S. and abroad.”
About Victory Park Capital
Victory Park Capital Advisors, LLC (“VPC”) is a privately held, SEC-registered, global alternative investment firm. VPC provides opportunistic capital solutions to both emerging and established businesses with an expertise investing across various sectors where traditional sources of capital are limited. The firm’s differentiated offerings leverage an extensive network of industry relationships, disciplined deal origination, creative financing capabilities and broad credit structuring and special situations expertise. The firm was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Chicago with additional offices in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco. For more information, please visit www.victoryparkcapital.com.