Victory Park Capital Announces Five Hires and Three Promotions
Sep 12, 2013
Victory Park Capital recently promoted three experienced investment professionals and added five new hires in its Chicago office.
- Charles Asfour to Principal. Charlie oversees the origination, due diligence, transaction execution and management of direct private debt and equity investments into small cap and lower middle market companies in the transportation and logistics sectors. He also manages the execution of operational turnarounds, value-creation initiatives and other strategic alternatives for Victory Park investments.
- Matthew Coad to Vice President of Business Development. Matt develops and maintains relationships with business intermediaries including service providers, business brokers and investment banks as well as attorneys, restructuring advisors and business owners. He continues to coordinate certain marketing initiatives and outgoing communication to investors, potential investors, referral sources and other interested parties. He is actively involved in sourcing and fundraising diligence for Victory Park funds and assists with portfolio management and industry research.
- Thomas Welch to Vice President. Tom is responsible for origination, fundamental analysis, transaction execution and management of direct private debt and equity investments into small cap and lower middle market companies in the specialty finance and industrials sectors. He also actively works on value-creation initiatives and strategic alternatives for Victory Park investments.
“As our business matures, so do the roles of our professionals and management team. We are pleased to announce Charlie Asfour will transition to Principal and Matt Coad and Tom Welch will serve as Vice Presidents,” said Richard Levy, Managing Partner and Founder of VPC. “Charlie, Matt and Tom have all played key roles developing the firm, and will continue to play an integral role in cultivating the strong foundation we have set for our daily operations.”
Additionally, over the past three months, VPC has welcomed three new associates and two back office professionals to its team:
- Philip Nanney, Associate
- Zachary Nemes, Associate
- Whitney Phillips, Associate
- Matthew Schick, Back Office Professional
- Laura Woolf, Back Office Professional
“As we position the firm for continued growth, our five strategic new hires will support our expanding and diversified portfolios,” explained Richard Levy. “These individuals align with our value proposition and culture, and we are proud to welcome them to the team,” he added.